428 Bersih 3.0 People Power Around the World
Bersih 3.0 will hold a sit-in protest at Dataran Merdeka from 2pm to 4pm on 2012 April 28, its co-chairman Datuk A. Samad Said said here. For more details , please visit www.bersih.org The protest, called Bersih 3.0 Duduk Bantah (sit-in protest), will be carried out nationwide and worldwide to register the disappointment over the authorities’ alleged lack of commitment towards electoral reforms. Samad, who is the co-chairman, said the protest would be a time for reflection for all Malaysians on the kind of legacy and future they want for the next generation. Meanwhile, group co-chairman Datuk S. Ambiga said the demands were for the Election Commission (EC) to resign, clean up the electoral process and allow international observers to monitor the polls. On the Parliamentary Select Committee’s (PSC) report on electoral reforms, she said some of their recommendations were good but they did not look into electoral fraud. She said election offences and postal voting were not adequately addressed in the report. Ambiga said the organisers will discuss with the police to ensure that the protest would run smoothly. ”We will be the first to hand anyone who misbehaves to the police,” she said.
1. Like Bersih on Facebook
2. Follow Bersih 2.0 on Twitter
3. Add Bersih 2.0 PicBadge to your Facebook & Twitter profile pictures.
4. Facebook, Tweet (#Bersih) and e-mail as much information about and support for Bersih 2.0 as you can.
Wear Yellow & Fly the Flag
1. Display as much yellow as you can, as often as you can – clothes, accessories, ribbons, bands, banners, etc.
2. Display the Malaysian flag wherever you can.
Purchase T-Shirts & Other Materials
1. Contact BERSIH 2.0 secretariat at 03-7772 3275, location: 13, Jln 4/48e, Petaling Jaya. Mondays-Fridays, 10am-6.00pm
2. Download Bersih 2.0 media and create your own materials for distribution.
1. Like Bersih’s International Solidarity Facebook page and find out about Bersih solidarity events near you.
2. Take a picture of yourself and other Bersih 2.0 supporters at any gathering or event, and upload them to Bersih 2.0′s International Solidarity Facebook wall, especially in the final week before the Bersih rally on July 9th, to help build momentum and inspire more participation.
3. Download Bersih media and create your own materials for distribution.
Listed below are global cities where solidarity rallies are planned. All the overseas solidarity rallies held were initiated by Malaysian citizens living abroad who supported the demands for Perhimpunan BERSIH 2.0. They personally contacted BERSIH 2.0 and expressed interest in organising a rally where they were. We regard this wide interest by the Malaysian diaspora as an indication that Malaysians from all walks of life believe in the need for electoral reform and the upholding of democracy.
International: Bersih Global Solidarity Facebook page (containing information and updates)
New Zealand – http://on.fb.me/jMlCwc
Canberra – http://on.fb.me/kk3rRQ
Sydney – http://on.fb.me/j0RzYt
Melbourne – http://on.fb.me/j0rDf1
Adelaide – http://on.fb.me/klaDdS
Osaka – http://on.fb.me/mUGxvB
Seoul – http://on.fb.me/lgB4oQ
Perth – http://on.fb.me/lihTnU
Taipei – http://on.fb.me/mIEOGW
Hong Kong – http://on.fb.me/lxYT2E
Singapore – http://on.fb.me/l87wNS
Bangkok – http://on.fb.me/mmyiWc
Paris – http://on.fb.me/joKlVQ
UK – http://on.fb.me/kQ9fsQ
Ottawa – http://on.fb.me/kb5OY4
New York – http://on.fb.me/lWrJ8l
San Francisco – http://on.fb.me/jehClH
Los Angeles – http://on.fb.me/iBJgM3
- Bersih 3.0 Semangat Bersih, Harapan Negara
- Bersih 3.0 – The Conspiracy
- BERSIH 3.0 – Penang State
- The Bersih Song: Tears of Malaysia
- 2000 Undergraduate gather for strike off PTPTN!!
- BERSIH 3.0 – National & International Locations
- FAQ on Bersih 3.0
- Perth is ready for Bersih 3.0
- Bersih 3.0 Official T-Shirt
- ‘Foolish’ if Najib bans Bersih 3.0, say analysts